Upper Back Pain Treatment
Upper back pain is a common ailment that can make it difficult to complete everyday tasks. This pain can be mild, acute, or might become chronic, lasting for more than three months. Chiropractic care can help with upper back pain. At Ewing Chiropractic LLC in Stockbridge, GA, we provide a range of natural treatment methods for upper back pain and other ailments. Our chiropractor looks for the root cause of your pain to treat your injury, not just your symptoms. Our goal is to help you live a healthy, pain-free life.
Symptoms of Upper Back Pain
Signs and symptoms of upper back pain vary from one individual to the other. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
- Excruciating and sharp pain emanating from one location
- General discomfort
- Radiating pain ranging from the chest to the stomach and further down the body
- Stiffness leading to reduced mobility in the upper back ligaments, muscles, and joints
- Tingling, weakness, or numbness
- Pain when lifting objects
Causes of Upper Back Pain
Several things can cause upper back pain.
- Poor posture: Indulging in a given activity for a lengthy duration of time, like sitting and leaning towards your computer, can injure your spine. This position culminates in damage to the structure of the neck and back. The underlying muscles begin to weaken and get deconditioned. This misalignment results in the spine not being in the correct position.
- Accidents: Accidents, such as falling from a height, a sports injury, a slip and fall, and car accidents, can result in trauma, causing upper back damage.
- Muscle strain or overuse: Repetitive movements over an extended period of time can culminate into upper back pain. These movements overstretch the muscles, causing upper back pain.
- Ruptured discs: When the regions surrounding the disc are damaged, the shielding material pushes out between your vertebrae and can exert pressure on spinal nerves.
Chiropractic Treatment for Upper Back Pain
When you visit us for upper back pain, our chiropractor will perform a physical exam to look for the cause of your pain. After a diagnosis, we will create a personalized treatment plan for you.
To treat upper back pain, our chiropractor uses chiropractic adjustments. By realigning the spine, we can alleviate pressure and tension in the back. This also reduces joint restrictions, therefore suppressing pain and swelling. Our chiropractor might also give you stretching and strengthening exercises to improve the range of motion in your back. You may need several sessions with our chiropractor depending on the severity of your pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Stockbridge, GA Chiropractor for Upper Back Pain Treatment
If you are experiencing chronic upper back pain, we can help. At Ewing Chiropractic LLC in Stockbridge, GA, our chiropractor will provide you with personalized treatment. Our methods are drug-free and non-invasive, so you can avoid risky surgeries and medications. Our chiropractor will work to reduce the chances of recurring back pain and help you reach overall wellness. Call us today to schedule an appointment.